Nov 30, 2012, 9:47 PM EDT
Japanese right-hander Kyuji Fujikawa has visited with multiple MLB teams over the past couple of weeks. It shouldn’t be long before we know where he’ll pitch stateside.
According to Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports, Fujikawa is nearing a decision on where to sign and adds that the Angels are seen as the front-runners. The 32-year-old right-hander has also been linked to the Rangers, Diamondbacks, Cubs and Dodgers.
Fujikawa has been one of the most dominant relievers in Japan for the past few years, compiling a 1.36 ERA and 202 saves with the Hanshin Tigers since 2007. He’s coming off a season where he posted a 1.32 ERA and 58 strikeouts over 47 2/3 innings.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 18
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)