Nov 30, 2012, 9:47 PM EDT
Japanese right-hander Kyuji Fujikawa has visited with multiple MLB teams over the past couple of weeks. It shouldn’t be long before we know where he’ll pitch stateside.
According to Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports, Fujikawa is nearing a decision on where to sign and adds that the Angels are seen as the front-runners. The 32-year-old right-hander has also been linked to the Rangers, Diamondbacks, Cubs and Dodgers.
Fujikawa has been one of the most dominant relievers in Japan for the past few years, compiling a 1.36 ERA and 202 saves with the Hanshin Tigers since 2007. He’s coming off a season where he posted a 1.32 ERA and 58 strikeouts over 47 2/3 innings.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20