Nov 30, 2012, 9:47 PM EDT
Japanese right-hander Kyuji Fujikawa has visited with multiple MLB teams over the past couple of weeks. It shouldn’t be long before we know where he’ll pitch stateside.
According to Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports, Fujikawa is nearing a decision on where to sign and adds that the Angels are seen as the front-runners. The 32-year-old right-hander has also been linked to the Rangers, Diamondbacks, Cubs and Dodgers.
Fujikawa has been one of the most dominant relievers in Japan for the past few years, compiling a 1.36 ERA and 202 saves with the Hanshin Tigers since 2007. He’s coming off a season where he posted a 1.32 ERA and 58 strikeouts over 47 2/3 innings.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)