Nov 30, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
The issue with giving a contract to R.A. Dickey has always been about the length of the commitment. He’s 38 and even if he is a knuckleballer, you just don’t want to go long on a 38 year-old athlete.
In light of this, however, it sounds like Dickey and the Mets may soon be able to get something done:
As for Dickey, I’m hearing he’ll accept 2-year deal. So it’s just meeting of minds on the money. Mets people seem confident it’ll get done.
— Adam Rubin (@AdamRubinESPN) November 30, 2012
I don’t know how the Mets don’t do that.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)