Nov 30, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
The issue with giving a contract to R.A. Dickey has always been about the length of the commitment. He’s 38 and even if he is a knuckleballer, you just don’t want to go long on a 38 year-old athlete.
In light of this, however, it sounds like Dickey and the Mets may soon be able to get something done:
As for Dickey, I’m hearing he’ll accept 2-year deal. So it’s just meeting of minds on the money. Mets people seem confident it’ll get done.
— Adam Rubin (@AdamRubinESPN) November 30, 2012
I don’t know how the Mets don’t do that.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)