Nov 30, 2012, 1:57 PM EDT
There was some speculation earlier this week that the Angels were no longer interested in Zack Greinke or, at the very least, were not likely to sign him. And now that the Angels have acquired Tommy Hanson, one would think that they have even less of a desire to go big dollars on starting pitching.
They will still, nonetheless, entertain Mr. Greinke in the coming days as he travels to L.A. to meet with the Dodgers:
Source: Zack Greinke also meeting with the Angels on his SoCal business trip
— Mark Saxon (@markasaxon) November 30, 2012
Can’t hurt for Greinke, if for no other reason than he and his agents can credibly claim that there is interest in him from an additional team as he tries to sign elsewhere.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 57
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?