Nov 30, 2012, 1:57 PM EST
There was some speculation earlier this week that the Angels were no longer interested in Zack Greinke or, at the very least, were not likely to sign him. And now that the Angels have acquired Tommy Hanson, one would think that they have even less of a desire to go big dollars on starting pitching.
They will still, nonetheless, entertain Mr. Greinke in the coming days as he travels to L.A. to meet with the Dodgers:
Source: Zack Greinke also meeting with the Angels on his SoCal business trip
— Mark Saxon (@markasaxon) November 30, 2012
Can’t hurt for Greinke, if for no other reason than he and his agents can credibly claim that there is interest in him from an additional team as he tries to sign elsewhere.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)