Nov 30, 2012, 1:57 PM EDT
There was some speculation earlier this week that the Angels were no longer interested in Zack Greinke or, at the very least, were not likely to sign him. And now that the Angels have acquired Tommy Hanson, one would think that they have even less of a desire to go big dollars on starting pitching.
They will still, nonetheless, entertain Mr. Greinke in the coming days as he travels to L.A. to meet with the Dodgers:
Source: Zack Greinke also meeting with the Angels on his SoCal business trip
— Mark Saxon (@markasaxon) November 30, 2012
Can’t hurt for Greinke, if for no other reason than he and his agents can credibly claim that there is interest in him from an additional team as he tries to sign elsewhere.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)