Nov 30, 2012, 1:57 PM EDT
There was some speculation earlier this week that the Angels were no longer interested in Zack Greinke or, at the very least, were not likely to sign him. And now that the Angels have acquired Tommy Hanson, one would think that they have even less of a desire to go big dollars on starting pitching.
They will still, nonetheless, entertain Mr. Greinke in the coming days as he travels to L.A. to meet with the Dodgers:
Source: Zack Greinke also meeting with the Angels on his SoCal business trip
— Mark Saxon (@markasaxon) November 30, 2012
Can’t hurt for Greinke, if for no other reason than he and his agents can credibly claim that there is interest in him from an additional team as he tries to sign elsewhere.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)