Dec 1, 2012, 1:29 PM EST
The Brewers announced this afternoon that they have acquired right-hander Burke Badenhop from the Rays in exchange for minor league outfielder Raul Mondesi, Jr.
Badenhop, who turns 30 in February, posted a solid 3.03 ERA and 42/12 K/BB ratio over 62 1/3 innings out the Rays’ bullpen this past season. With a career ground ball rate of 55.3 percent, he should be a nice fit in the middle innings for the Brewers. He earned $1.075 million in 2012 and is arbitration-eligible for the third time this winter.
Mondesi, the 20-year-old son of former major league outfielder Raul Mondesi, has a .243/.305/.371 batting line and a .675 OPS over his first three seasons in pro ball. He’s not as highly regarded as his 17-year-old brother Adalberto Mondesi, who got a $2 million bonus from the Royals last summer. Yes, mark this down as the latest thing that makes everyone feel as old as dirt.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)