Dec 1, 2012, 1:29 PM EST
The Brewers announced this afternoon that they have acquired right-hander Burke Badenhop from the Rays in exchange for minor league outfielder Raul Mondesi, Jr.
Badenhop, who turns 30 in February, posted a solid 3.03 ERA and 42/12 K/BB ratio over 62 1/3 innings out the Rays’ bullpen this past season. With a career ground ball rate of 55.3 percent, he should be a nice fit in the middle innings for the Brewers. He earned $1.075 million in 2012 and is arbitration-eligible for the third time this winter.
Mondesi, the 20-year-old son of former major league outfielder Raul Mondesi, has a .243/.305/.371 batting line and a .675 OPS over his first three seasons in pro ball. He’s not as highly regarded as his 17-year-old brother Adalberto Mondesi, who got a $2 million bonus from the Royals last summer. Yes, mark this down as the latest thing that makes everyone feel as old as dirt.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)