Dec 1, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Bob Elliott of the Toronto Sun has penned an excellent piece detailing how the recent 12-player blockbuster trade between the Blue Jays and Marlins went down. It’s rare that we get a fly-on-the-wall perspective on the inner workings of a trade, but Elliott has it from both sides and presents it in an entertaining and informative light. It’s tremendous work and definitely worth your attention.
At the very least, just click on the link to read how Jeff Mathis was almost responsible for the deal falling apart. That’s right, Jeff Mathis.
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 8
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 6
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 1
- Andrew McCutchen scratched from Pirates’ starting lineup 5
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles