Dec 1, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Bob Elliott of the Toronto Sun has penned an excellent piece detailing how the recent 12-player blockbuster trade between the Blue Jays and Marlins went down. It’s rare that we get a fly-on-the-wall perspective on the inner workings of a trade, but Elliott has it from both sides and presents it in an entertaining and informative light. It’s tremendous work and definitely worth your attention.
At the very least, just click on the link to read how Jeff Mathis was almost responsible for the deal falling apart. That’s right, Jeff Mathis.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 18
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 47
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)