Dec 1, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Bob Elliott of the Toronto Sun has penned an excellent piece detailing how the recent 12-player blockbuster trade between the Blue Jays and Marlins went down. It’s rare that we get a fly-on-the-wall perspective on the inner workings of a trade, but Elliott has it from both sides and presents it in an entertaining and informative light. It’s tremendous work and definitely worth your attention.
At the very least, just click on the link to read how Jeff Mathis was almost responsible for the deal falling apart. That’s right, Jeff Mathis.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)