Dec 1, 2012, 9:50 AM EDT
Huff, who turns 36 next month, batted just .192/.326/.282 with one home run and a .608 OPS in 95 plate appearances with the Giants this past season. He missed a lot of time with a knee injury and also took a brief leave of absence from the team due to anxiety issues. The Giants declined his $10 million club option about a month ago and paid him a $2 million buyout.
Huff’s production has dropped off the table since he was a major contributor on the Giants’ World Series team in 2010, so given his age and health concerns, it’s likely he’ll have to settle for a minor league contract this offseason.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59