Dec 1, 2012, 9:50 AM EDT
Huff, who turns 36 next month, batted just .192/.326/.282 with one home run and a .608 OPS in 95 plate appearances with the Giants this past season. He missed a lot of time with a knee injury and also took a brief leave of absence from the team due to anxiety issues. The Giants declined his $10 million club option about a month ago and paid him a $2 million buyout.
Huff’s production has dropped off the table since he was a major contributor on the Giants’ World Series team in 2010, so given his age and health concerns, it’s likely he’ll have to settle for a minor league contract this offseason.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 15
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 43
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 22
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (76)