Dec 1, 2012, 9:50 AM EST
Huff, who turns 36 next month, batted just .192/.326/.282 with one home run and a .608 OPS in 95 plate appearances with the Giants this past season. He missed a lot of time with a knee injury and also took a brief leave of absence from the team due to anxiety issues. The Giants declined his $10 million club option about a month ago and paid him a $2 million buyout.
Huff’s production has dropped off the table since he was a major contributor on the Giants’ World Series team in 2010, so given his age and health concerns, it’s likely he’ll have to settle for a minor league contract this offseason.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)