Dec 1, 2012, 9:50 AM EDT
Huff, who turns 36 next month, batted just .192/.326/.282 with one home run and a .608 OPS in 95 plate appearances with the Giants this past season. He missed a lot of time with a knee injury and also took a brief leave of absence from the team due to anxiety issues. The Giants declined his $10 million club option about a month ago and paid him a $2 million buyout.
Huff’s production has dropped off the table since he was a major contributor on the Giants’ World Series team in 2010, so given his age and health concerns, it’s likely he’ll have to settle for a minor league contract this offseason.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 3
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 11
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (87)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (75)