Dec 3, 2012, 10:33 AM EDT
That’s the report from Ken Rosenthal, who tweets that A-Rod was re-injured before the playoffs and that he was “on pain medication throughout the post-season. Pain so severe after one of DS games, he had to be taken to emergency room and spent night there.”
On the one hand, I’m tempted to say that this is certainly sobering for the people who wanted to trash the hell out of Rodriguez during the playoffs.
On the other hand, how in the world could no one have reported that A-Rod spent a night in an ER during the playoffs before now? That kind of thing has to get out, doesn’t it? Heck, given how much crap people were piling on Rodriguez, you’d think the Yankees would have leaked or reported this themselves in an effort to protect their player from being attacked the way he was being attacked back in October.
Whatver the case, my spidey sense tells me that, yes, A-Rod was in a lot more pain during the playoffs than was generally reported, but that perhaps someone — maybe someone close to A-Rod — is gilding the lily a bit here.
As always, of course, if A-Rod can come back and play, this will be forgotten. If not, he’ll be considered a bum or a slacker or whatever it is people like to consider A-Rod. He’ll never get credit for trying to play through pain.
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 0
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 43
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 80
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)