Dec 3, 2012, 10:33 AM EST
That’s the report from Ken Rosenthal, who tweets that A-Rod was re-injured before the playoffs and that he was “on pain medication throughout the post-season. Pain so severe after one of DS games, he had to be taken to emergency room and spent night there.”
On the one hand, I’m tempted to say that this is certainly sobering for the people who wanted to trash the hell out of Rodriguez during the playoffs.
On the other hand, how in the world could no one have reported that A-Rod spent a night in an ER during the playoffs before now? That kind of thing has to get out, doesn’t it? Heck, given how much crap people were piling on Rodriguez, you’d think the Yankees would have leaked or reported this themselves in an effort to protect their player from being attacked the way he was being attacked back in October.
Whatver the case, my spidey sense tells me that, yes, A-Rod was in a lot more pain during the playoffs than was generally reported, but that perhaps someone — maybe someone close to A-Rod — is gilding the lily a bit here.
As always, of course, if A-Rod can come back and play, this will be forgotten. If not, he’ll be considered a bum or a slacker or whatever it is people like to consider A-Rod. He’ll never get credit for trying to play through pain.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 48
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)