Dec 3, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Even though we’ve said this every year since 2009, it remains true: for the Yankees to keep up their winning ways, they need a healthy and productive Alex Rodriguez. George King of the New York Post reports, however, that A-Rod’s surgically repaired right hip is damaged, with an insider telling him that it’s “a big issue.”
Rodriguez looked lost against righties in the postseason, and one wonders if the hip — and an attendant inability to turn quickly — was the cause. A-Rod his .272/.353/.430 in 2012, though he was less effective after returning from the disabled list than he was prior.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)