Dec 3, 2012, 3:54 PM EDT
UPDATE: Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports says it’s a done deal at four years and $40 million.
Even though the last we heard was that the negotiations between the Giants and Angel Pagan were “mired in molasses,” it was hard to imagine Angel Pagan signing anyplace else, so let us not be shocked at Ken Rosenthal’s latest report:
Sources: Pagan close to re-signing with #SFGiants.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 3, 2012
Pagan had a heck of a walk year, hitting 288/.338/.440 with 29 steals in 605 at-bats as the center fielder and leadoff hitter for the world champs. And now, it seems, he’s riding the post-championship keep-the-team-together train.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 2
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)