Dec 3, 2012, 3:54 PM EDT
UPDATE: Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports says it’s a done deal at four years and $40 million.
Even though the last we heard was that the negotiations between the Giants and Angel Pagan were “mired in molasses,” it was hard to imagine Angel Pagan signing anyplace else, so let us not be shocked at Ken Rosenthal’s latest report:
Sources: Pagan close to re-signing with #SFGiants.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 3, 2012
Pagan had a heck of a walk year, hitting 288/.338/.440 with 29 steals in 605 at-bats as the center fielder and leadoff hitter for the world champs. And now, it seems, he’s riding the post-championship keep-the-team-together train.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)