Dec 3, 2012, 3:54 PM EDT
UPDATE: Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports says it’s a done deal at four years and $40 million.
Even though the last we heard was that the negotiations between the Giants and Angel Pagan were “mired in molasses,” it was hard to imagine Angel Pagan signing anyplace else, so let us not be shocked at Ken Rosenthal’s latest report:
Sources: Pagan close to re-signing with #SFGiants.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 3, 2012
Pagan had a heck of a walk year, hitting 288/.338/.440 with 29 steals in 605 at-bats as the center fielder and leadoff hitter for the world champs. And now, it seems, he’s riding the post-championship keep-the-team-together train.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 72
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)