Dec 3, 2012, 3:54 PM EDT
UPDATE: Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports says it’s a done deal at four years and $40 million.
Even though the last we heard was that the negotiations between the Giants and Angel Pagan were “mired in molasses,” it was hard to imagine Angel Pagan signing anyplace else, so let us not be shocked at Ken Rosenthal’s latest report:
Sources: Pagan close to re-signing with #SFGiants.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 3, 2012
Pagan had a heck of a walk year, hitting 288/.338/.440 with 29 steals in 605 at-bats as the center fielder and leadoff hitter for the world champs. And now, it seems, he’s riding the post-championship keep-the-team-together train.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 53
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 45
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 82
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (238)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)