Dec 3, 2012, 3:54 PM EDT
UPDATE: Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports says it’s a done deal at four years and $40 million.
Even though the last we heard was that the negotiations between the Giants and Angel Pagan were “mired in molasses,” it was hard to imagine Angel Pagan signing anyplace else, so let us not be shocked at Ken Rosenthal’s latest report:
Sources: Pagan close to re-signing with #SFGiants.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 3, 2012
Pagan had a heck of a walk year, hitting 288/.338/.440 with 29 steals in 605 at-bats as the center fielder and leadoff hitter for the world champs. And now, it seems, he’s riding the post-championship keep-the-team-together train.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)