Dec 3, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto continues to search for bullpen help after missing out on Japanese reliever Kyuji Fujikawa.
Fujikawa chose the Cubs, perhaps in part because he wanted a chance to be a closer and the Angels had just signed Ryan Madson to more or less fill that role.
Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com says Dipoto’s fallback plan includes left-hander Sean Burnett and right-hander Mike Adams, both of whom have been excellent setup men for years. Joakim Soria was another Dipoto target, but like Fujikawa he may not be an option for the Angels because he wants to close.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)