Dec 3, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto continues to search for bullpen help after missing out on Japanese reliever Kyuji Fujikawa.
Fujikawa chose the Cubs, perhaps in part because he wanted a chance to be a closer and the Angels had just signed Ryan Madson to more or less fill that role.
Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com says Dipoto’s fallback plan includes left-hander Sean Burnett and right-hander Mike Adams, both of whom have been excellent setup men for years. Joakim Soria was another Dipoto target, but like Fujikawa he may not be an option for the Angels because he wants to close.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (119)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights