Dec 3, 2012, 6:37 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports, Scott Boras said that he has yet to receive an offer from the Dodgers.
6:37 PM: The Dodgers secured exclusive negotiating rights for South Korean left-hander Ryu Hyun-Jin with a $25.7 million bid last month, but we haven’t heard much in the way of progress over the past few weeks. But that’s because there hasn’t been much to report, at least if Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti can be believed.
Colletti: At this pace, a deal with Ryu won't get done.—
Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) December 03, 2012
It’s a safe bet that Colletti hopes Hyun-Jin’s agent, Scott Boras, is listening. Posturing through the media sure is fun.
The Dodgers have until Sunday to work out a deal with the 25-year-old. If they fail to do so, Hyun-Jin will return to the Hanwha Eagles while the Dodgers will not be responsible for the posting fee.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 1
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 9
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 29
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 5
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3