Dec 3, 2012, 10:50 AM EST
Last night there was news of catcher Geovany Soto re-signing with the Rangers after being non-tendered last week and now Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com says it’ll be a one-year deal worth around $3 million.
Soto once looked like a long-term building block for the Cubs, winning Rookie of the Year in 2008 as a 25-year-old, but he’s hit just .215 with a .674 OPS in 224 games during the past two seasons while struggling to throw out runners and turns 30 years old in January.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)