Dec 3, 2012, 10:50 AM EST
Last night there was news of catcher Geovany Soto re-signing with the Rangers after being non-tendered last week and now Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com says it’ll be a one-year deal worth around $3 million.
Soto once looked like a long-term building block for the Cubs, winning Rookie of the Year in 2008 as a 25-year-old, but he’s hit just .215 with a .674 OPS in 224 games during the past two seasons while struggling to throw out runners and turns 30 years old in January.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)