Dec 3, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
Last night there was news of catcher Geovany Soto re-signing with the Rangers after being non-tendered last week and now Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com says it’ll be a one-year deal worth around $3 million.
Soto once looked like a long-term building block for the Cubs, winning Rookie of the Year in 2008 as a 25-year-old, but he’s hit just .215 with a .674 OPS in 224 games during the past two seasons while struggling to throw out runners and turns 30 years old in January.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 28
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 6
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 21
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)