Dec 3, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Cubs announcers Bob Brenly and Len Kasper were one of my favorite MLB broadcasting duos, so I was sad to see Brenly take the same job with the Diamondbacks six weeks ago.
Luckily for Cubs fans they’ve found a really good replacement for him in Astros television analyst Jim Deshaies, who’s leaving Houston for Chicago to work alongside Kasper.
It’s a tough loss for Astros fans, because Deshaies is really good–seriously, he’s definitely the most underrated local announcer in baseball–but the Kasper-Deshaies duo should be absolutely fantastic.
Prior to becoming an announcer Deshaies pitched 12 seasons in the big leagues, seven of them with the Astros. He had a 4.14 ERA in 1,525 innings, making 253 starts, and retired following the 1995 season.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 60
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 62
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 63
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade (78)