Dec 3, 2012, 7:15 PM EDT
The Phillies, having already missed out on B.J. Upton, Angel Pagan and Denard Span as possibilities for center field, have talked to the Rockies about Dexter Fowler, FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal reports.
The Rockies don’t need to move Fowler, who is due about $5 million in arbitration next year, but they’re open to the possibility if it gets them back some quality pitching. Vance Worley‘s name would certainly come up in any talks between the two teams. More available is Tyler Cloyd, who was nearly shipped off to Houston for reliever Wilton Lopez last week.
The 26-year-old Fowler hit .300/.389/.474 with 13 homers and 12 steals in 454 at-bats last season. He’s a career .271/.364/.427 hitter, but much of his production has come at Coors Field. He’s a lifetime .295/.395/.487 hitter at home, compared to .248/.331/.367 on the road.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 32
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 46
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)