Dec 3, 2012, 7:15 PM EDT
The Phillies, having already missed out on B.J. Upton, Angel Pagan and Denard Span as possibilities for center field, have talked to the Rockies about Dexter Fowler, FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal reports.
The Rockies don’t need to move Fowler, who is due about $5 million in arbitration next year, but they’re open to the possibility if it gets them back some quality pitching. Vance Worley‘s name would certainly come up in any talks between the two teams. More available is Tyler Cloyd, who was nearly shipped off to Houston for reliever Wilton Lopez last week.
The 26-year-old Fowler hit .300/.389/.474 with 13 homers and 12 steals in 454 at-bats last season. He’s a career .271/.364/.427 hitter, but much of his production has come at Coors Field. He’s a lifetime .295/.395/.487 hitter at home, compared to .248/.331/.367 on the road.
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 12
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (104)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)