Dec 3, 2012, 10:40 AM EST
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com says it’s a three-year, $39 million deal.
Napoli, 31, batted .227/.343/.469 with 24 home runs and 56 RBI in 417 plate appearances this past season for the Rangers. He had a career-best .320/.414/.631 batting line, 30 home runs and 75 RBI in 432 plate appearances the season before.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 2
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 29
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 89
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 44
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (92)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)