Dec 3, 2012, 11:37 PM EDT
Hernandez, formerly known as Fausto Carmona, was arrested in his native Dominican Republic in January for falsifying his identity and didn’t end up making his season debut with the Indians until August 12. The 32-year-old posted a 7.53 ERA in 14 1/3 innings over three starts before being shut down with an ankle injury. The Indians declined his $6 million club option for 2013 following the season, but are interested in bringing him back at a lesser rate.
Hernandez owns a 4.64 ERA over seven seasons in the majors and will likely look for a one-year deal in hopes of reestablishing his value. He doesn’t have any visa issues and expects to report to spring training on time.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 8
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36