Dec 3, 2012, 11:37 PM EDT
Hernandez, formerly known as Fausto Carmona, was arrested in his native Dominican Republic in January for falsifying his identity and didn’t end up making his season debut with the Indians until August 12. The 32-year-old posted a 7.53 ERA in 14 1/3 innings over three starts before being shut down with an ankle injury. The Indians declined his $6 million club option for 2013 following the season, but are interested in bringing him back at a lesser rate.
Hernandez owns a 4.64 ERA over seven seasons in the majors and will likely look for a one-year deal in hopes of reestablishing his value. He doesn’t have any visa issues and expects to report to spring training on time.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 21
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)