Dec 3, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Dee Gordon is fast and flashy, but he can’t hit very well. That said, shortstops are scarce and thus valuable, so it makes some sense that the Dodgers are shopping Gordon, as Peter Gammons of the MLB Network reports.
Scarcity aside, it seems like a stretch for the Dodgers to get a ton for Gordon during the offseason. Gordon missed almost the entire second half with a thumb injury and was replaced by Hanley Ramirez. Ramirez’s future may very well be third base, but as it stands, Gordon looks like a guy even his own team doesn’t have a ton of use for at the moment.
Perhaps L.A. would do better to showcase his health and ability this spring if they want to get something good in return for him.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20