Dec 3, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Dee Gordon is fast and flashy, but he can’t hit very well. That said, shortstops are scarce and thus valuable, so it makes some sense that the Dodgers are shopping Gordon, as Peter Gammons of the MLB Network reports.
Scarcity aside, it seems like a stretch for the Dodgers to get a ton for Gordon during the offseason. Gordon missed almost the entire second half with a thumb injury and was replaced by Hanley Ramirez. Ramirez’s future may very well be third base, but as it stands, Gordon looks like a guy even his own team doesn’t have a ton of use for at the moment.
Perhaps L.A. would do better to showcase his health and ability this spring if they want to get something good in return for him.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)