Dec 3, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Dee Gordon is fast and flashy, but he can’t hit very well. That said, shortstops are scarce and thus valuable, so it makes some sense that the Dodgers are shopping Gordon, as Peter Gammons of the MLB Network reports.
Scarcity aside, it seems like a stretch for the Dodgers to get a ton for Gordon during the offseason. Gordon missed almost the entire second half with a thumb injury and was replaced by Hanley Ramirez. Ramirez’s future may very well be third base, but as it stands, Gordon looks like a guy even his own team doesn’t have a ton of use for at the moment.
Perhaps L.A. would do better to showcase his health and ability this spring if they want to get something good in return for him.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17