Dec 3, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Dee Gordon is fast and flashy, but he can’t hit very well. That said, shortstops are scarce and thus valuable, so it makes some sense that the Dodgers are shopping Gordon, as Peter Gammons of the MLB Network reports.
Scarcity aside, it seems like a stretch for the Dodgers to get a ton for Gordon during the offseason. Gordon missed almost the entire second half with a thumb injury and was replaced by Hanley Ramirez. Ramirez’s future may very well be third base, but as it stands, Gordon looks like a guy even his own team doesn’t have a ton of use for at the moment.
Perhaps L.A. would do better to showcase his health and ability this spring if they want to get something good in return for him.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (83)