Dec 3, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Dee Gordon is fast and flashy, but he can’t hit very well. That said, shortstops are scarce and thus valuable, so it makes some sense that the Dodgers are shopping Gordon, as Peter Gammons of the MLB Network reports.
Scarcity aside, it seems like a stretch for the Dodgers to get a ton for Gordon during the offseason. Gordon missed almost the entire second half with a thumb injury and was replaced by Hanley Ramirez. Ramirez’s future may very well be third base, but as it stands, Gordon looks like a guy even his own team doesn’t have a ton of use for at the moment.
Perhaps L.A. would do better to showcase his health and ability this spring if they want to get something good in return for him.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)