Dec 3, 2012, 9:04 PM EDT
Zack Greinke remains the Dodgers’ top priority, but there’s a chance they could try to add both pitchers. Of course, the thought is that the Mets could get more in return for Dickey after Greinke signs. The two clubs ultimately aren’t a great match, as the Mets are looking for young, cost-controllable players for their outfield and behind the plate. That’s not exactly the Dodgers’ area of strength from a prospect perspective.
It’s worth noting that Dickey is only making $5 million next season, so that’s reasonable enough for most contending teams to at least inquire about the potential asking price. In other words, look for lots of these types of reports regarding Dickey this week.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (116)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)