Dec 3, 2012, 9:04 PM EDT
Zack Greinke remains the Dodgers’ top priority, but there’s a chance they could try to add both pitchers. Of course, the thought is that the Mets could get more in return for Dickey after Greinke signs. The two clubs ultimately aren’t a great match, as the Mets are looking for young, cost-controllable players for their outfield and behind the plate. That’s not exactly the Dodgers’ area of strength from a prospect perspective.
It’s worth noting that Dickey is only making $5 million next season, so that’s reasonable enough for most contending teams to at least inquire about the potential asking price. In other words, look for lots of these types of reports regarding Dickey this week.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)