Dec 3, 2012, 9:04 PM EST
Zack Greinke remains the Dodgers’ top priority, but there’s a chance they could try to add both pitchers. Of course, the thought is that the Mets could get more in return for Dickey after Greinke signs. The two clubs ultimately aren’t a great match, as the Mets are looking for young, cost-controllable players for their outfield and behind the plate. That’s not exactly the Dodgers’ area of strength from a prospect perspective.
It’s worth noting that Dickey is only making $5 million next season, so that’s reasonable enough for most contending teams to at least inquire about the potential asking price. In other words, look for lots of these types of reports regarding Dickey this week.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 23
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 18
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (74)