Dec 3, 2012, 5:35 PM EST
Mariners have checked in on Delmon Young. As I reported last night he’s expected to work out for teams and sign in January.
And upon checking in they went “eww, it’s Delmon Young. Sorry. Our mistake.”
In all seriousness, I am curious as hell about what happens to Delmon Young. He was pretty bad all season, then hit .312/.365/.542 with three homers and nine RBI in the playoffs, then he had ankle surgery last month.
That’s two major red flags and one shiny, superficial, small-sample performance. Will he still get paid for that, or will he get the one-year journeyman deal he probably deserves?
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 290
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (296)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)