Dec 3, 2012, 5:35 PM EDT
Mariners have checked in on Delmon Young. As I reported last night he’s expected to work out for teams and sign in January.
And upon checking in they went “eww, it’s Delmon Young. Sorry. Our mistake.”
In all seriousness, I am curious as hell about what happens to Delmon Young. He was pretty bad all season, then hit .312/.365/.542 with three homers and nine RBI in the playoffs, then he had ankle surgery last month.
That’s two major red flags and one shiny, superficial, small-sample performance. Will he still get paid for that, or will he get the one-year journeyman deal he probably deserves?
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 18
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)