Dec 3, 2012, 5:35 PM EDT
Mariners have checked in on Delmon Young. As I reported last night he’s expected to work out for teams and sign in January.
And upon checking in they went “eww, it’s Delmon Young. Sorry. Our mistake.”
In all seriousness, I am curious as hell about what happens to Delmon Young. He was pretty bad all season, then hit .312/.365/.542 with three homers and nine RBI in the playoffs, then he had ankle surgery last month.
That’s two major red flags and one shiny, superficial, small-sample performance. Will he still get paid for that, or will he get the one-year journeyman deal he probably deserves?
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 15
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)