Dec 3, 2012, 5:35 PM EDT
Mariners have checked in on Delmon Young. As I reported last night he’s expected to work out for teams and sign in January.
And upon checking in they went “eww, it’s Delmon Young. Sorry. Our mistake.”
In all seriousness, I am curious as hell about what happens to Delmon Young. He was pretty bad all season, then hit .312/.365/.542 with three homers and nine RBI in the playoffs, then he had ankle surgery last month.
That’s two major red flags and one shiny, superficial, small-sample performance. Will he still get paid for that, or will he get the one-year journeyman deal he probably deserves?
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 2
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 15
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 12
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)