Dec 3, 2012, 5:35 PM EST
Mariners have checked in on Delmon Young. As I reported last night he’s expected to work out for teams and sign in January.
And upon checking in they went “eww, it’s Delmon Young. Sorry. Our mistake.”
In all seriousness, I am curious as hell about what happens to Delmon Young. He was pretty bad all season, then hit .312/.365/.542 with three homers and nine RBI in the playoffs, then he had ankle surgery last month.
That’s two major red flags and one shiny, superficial, small-sample performance. Will he still get paid for that, or will he get the one-year journeyman deal he probably deserves?
- Troy Tulowitzki trade between the Rockies and Mets is “not happening” 0
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 21
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 15
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)