Dec 3, 2012, 4:59 PM EST
The hottest potential trade chit in the game is R.A. Dickey, and his current team spoke to the Red Sox about him reports Joe McDonald of ESPN Boston:
The Red Sox met with Mets to talk about possible trade for R.A. Dickey, according to a baseball source. Mets want Bogaerts and Bradley, Jr.
— Joe McDonald (@ESPNJoeyMac) December 3, 2012
That would be prospects Xander Bogaerts, a shortstop who is probably going to wind up as a third baseman or an outfielder, and Jackie Bradley, Jr., and outfielder. There’s no sense if the talks are serious.
It is worth nothing, however, that Sandy Alderson told reporters earlier today that he is talking about a Dickey trade with various teams, that he wants “a difference maker” and that he has yet to talk to Dickey’s agent about a contract extension since everyone got to Nashville yesterday.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)