Dec 3, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
The hottest potential trade chit in the game is R.A. Dickey, and his current team spoke to the Red Sox about him reports Joe McDonald of ESPN Boston:
The Red Sox met with Mets to talk about possible trade for R.A. Dickey, according to a baseball source. Mets want Bogaerts and Bradley, Jr.
— Joe McDonald (@ESPNJoeyMac) December 3, 2012
That would be prospects Xander Bogaerts, a shortstop who is probably going to wind up as a third baseman or an outfielder, and Jackie Bradley, Jr., and outfielder. There’s no sense if the talks are serious.
It is worth nothing, however, that Sandy Alderson told reporters earlier today that he is talking about a Dickey trade with various teams, that he wants “a difference maker” and that he has yet to talk to Dickey’s agent about a contract extension since everyone got to Nashville yesterday.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)