Dec 3, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
The hottest potential trade chit in the game is R.A. Dickey, and his current team spoke to the Red Sox about him reports Joe McDonald of ESPN Boston:
The Red Sox met with Mets to talk about possible trade for R.A. Dickey, according to a baseball source. Mets want Bogaerts and Bradley, Jr.
— Joe McDonald (@ESPNJoeyMac) December 3, 2012
That would be prospects Xander Bogaerts, a shortstop who is probably going to wind up as a third baseman or an outfielder, and Jackie Bradley, Jr., and outfielder. There’s no sense if the talks are serious.
It is worth nothing, however, that Sandy Alderson told reporters earlier today that he is talking about a Dickey trade with various teams, that he wants “a difference maker” and that he has yet to talk to Dickey’s agent about a contract extension since everyone got to Nashville yesterday.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8