Dec 3, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
The hottest potential trade chit in the game is R.A. Dickey, and his current team spoke to the Red Sox about him reports Joe McDonald of ESPN Boston:
The Red Sox met with Mets to talk about possible trade for R.A. Dickey, according to a baseball source. Mets want Bogaerts and Bradley, Jr.
— Joe McDonald (@ESPNJoeyMac) December 3, 2012
That would be prospects Xander Bogaerts, a shortstop who is probably going to wind up as a third baseman or an outfielder, and Jackie Bradley, Jr., and outfielder. There’s no sense if the talks are serious.
It is worth nothing, however, that Sandy Alderson told reporters earlier today that he is talking about a Dickey trade with various teams, that he wants “a difference maker” and that he has yet to talk to Dickey’s agent about a contract extension since everyone got to Nashville yesterday.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 45
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 23
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 42
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)