Dec 3, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
The hottest potential trade chit in the game is R.A. Dickey, and his current team spoke to the Red Sox about him reports Joe McDonald of ESPN Boston:
The Red Sox met with Mets to talk about possible trade for R.A. Dickey, according to a baseball source. Mets want Bogaerts and Bradley, Jr.
— Joe McDonald (@ESPNJoeyMac) December 3, 2012
That would be prospects Xander Bogaerts, a shortstop who is probably going to wind up as a third baseman or an outfielder, and Jackie Bradley, Jr., and outfielder. There’s no sense if the talks are serious.
It is worth nothing, however, that Sandy Alderson told reporters earlier today that he is talking about a Dickey trade with various teams, that he wants “a difference maker” and that he has yet to talk to Dickey’s agent about a contract extension since everyone got to Nashville yesterday.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)