Dec 3, 2012, 8:42 AM EDT
Just because Loney is in the fold doesn’t mean this makes zero sense — after all, Loney is actually a downgrade from Carlos Pena if that’s possible, and Morse can play a corner — but Bowden’s ESPN colleague Jayson Stark says that while talks are happening a deal “is not very likely.”
But even if it isn’t it reinforces a couple of notions that will inform other deals at the Winter Meetings: (1) that the Rays are willing to deal starting pitching to fill holes; and (2) that the Nationals are leaning toward dealing Morse and re-signing Adam LaRoche to cover first base rather than merely handing the position to Morse.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)