Dec 3, 2012, 9:27 AM EDT
UPDATE: The deal is for one year, $3 million. Not bad for a guy who should eat some innings.
Marquis is fairly effective for the Padres after being DFA’d by the Twins early last season, going 6-7 with a 4.04 ERA. A guy of his profile — pretty durable but pretty hittable — is well-suited to Petco Park.
Worth noting that my kids think he’s the best pitcher in baseball because last June 13 in San Diego they saw him start the first ever MLB game they attended, and he put up zeroes for six and a third against the Mariners.
Strength of opposition and park effects are hard concepts for a six year-old biy and an eight year-old girl to fully appreciate.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 12
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 55
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)