Dec 3, 2012, 9:27 AM EDT
UPDATE: The deal is for one year, $3 million. Not bad for a guy who should eat some innings.
Marquis is fairly effective for the Padres after being DFA’d by the Twins early last season, going 6-7 with a 4.04 ERA. A guy of his profile — pretty durable but pretty hittable — is well-suited to Petco Park.
Worth noting that my kids think he’s the best pitcher in baseball because last June 13 in San Diego they saw him start the first ever MLB game they attended, and he put up zeroes for six and a third against the Mariners.
Strength of opposition and park effects are hard concepts for a six year-old biy and an eight year-old girl to fully appreciate.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (75)