Dec 3, 2012, 9:27 AM EDT
UPDATE: The deal is for one year, $3 million. Not bad for a guy who should eat some innings.
Marquis is fairly effective for the Padres after being DFA’d by the Twins early last season, going 6-7 with a 4.04 ERA. A guy of his profile — pretty durable but pretty hittable — is well-suited to Petco Park.
Worth noting that my kids think he’s the best pitcher in baseball because last June 13 in San Diego they saw him start the first ever MLB game they attended, and he put up zeroes for six and a third against the Mariners.
Strength of opposition and park effects are hard concepts for a six year-old biy and an eight year-old girl to fully appreciate.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 4
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 36
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL