Dec 3, 2012, 6:22 PM EDT
As of now, the Phillies’ top internal options for third base include Kevin Frandsen and Freddy Galvis, so general manager Ruben Amaro, Jr. is considering alternatives in the free agent and trade markets.
According to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, the Phillies have “some interest” in a trade in a possible trade with the Rangers for Michael Young. Young, who turned 36 in October, is owed $16 million next season in the final year of a five-year, $80 million extension. Of course, he has 10-and-5 rights, so he can control his destiny. But he has expressed interest in a trade in the past and the Rangers are willing to listen.
The Rangers would likely have to cover some of Young’s 2013 salary in order to make a deal feasible after he batted .277/.312/.370 with eight homers and a career-low .682 OPS this past season.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)