Dec 3, 2012, 9:33 AM EST
We noted yesterday that Rangers prospect Jurickson Profar — perhaps baseball’s top prospect – has struggled mightily for Tigres del Licey in the winter leagues. The reason? Forearm inflammation, reports Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas. And the Rangers aren’t messing around with him:
Texas Rangers infield prospect Jurickson Profar has mild inflammation in his right forearm and will not play any more games in the Dominican League this winter. An MRI showed the mild inflammation, but the club wanted to shut Profar down as a precaution. The 19-year-old will come to Texas this week to be evaluated by team physician Dr. Keith Meister.
Profar had been benched by the Tigers — they try to win down in winter ball — and given that he’s only 19 and just came off his longest season in his life, the rest is certainly what’s best for him.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)