Dec 3, 2012, 9:33 AM EST
We noted yesterday that Rangers prospect Jurickson Profar — perhaps baseball’s top prospect — has struggled mightily for Tigres del Licey in the winter leagues. The reason? Forearm inflammation, reports Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas. And the Rangers aren’t messing around with him:
Texas Rangers infield prospect Jurickson Profar has mild inflammation in his right forearm and will not play any more games in the Dominican League this winter. An MRI showed the mild inflammation, but the club wanted to shut Profar down as a precaution. The 19-year-old will come to Texas this week to be evaluated by team physician Dr. Keith Meister.
Profar had been benched by the Tigers — they try to win down in winter ball — and given that he’s only 19 and just came off his longest season in his life, the rest is certainly what’s best for him.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)