Dec 3, 2012, 9:33 AM EDT
We noted yesterday that Rangers prospect Jurickson Profar — perhaps baseball’s top prospect – has struggled mightily for Tigres del Licey in the winter leagues. The reason? Forearm inflammation, reports Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas. And the Rangers aren’t messing around with him:
Texas Rangers infield prospect Jurickson Profar has mild inflammation in his right forearm and will not play any more games in the Dominican League this winter. An MRI showed the mild inflammation, but the club wanted to shut Profar down as a precaution. The 19-year-old will come to Texas this week to be evaluated by team physician Dr. Keith Meister.
Profar had been benched by the Tigers — they try to win down in winter ball — and given that he’s only 19 and just came off his longest season in his life, the rest is certainly what’s best for him.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona