Dec 3, 2012, 9:33 AM EDT
We noted yesterday that Rangers prospect Jurickson Profar — perhaps baseball’s top prospect – has struggled mightily for Tigres del Licey in the winter leagues. The reason? Forearm inflammation, reports Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas. And the Rangers aren’t messing around with him:
Texas Rangers infield prospect Jurickson Profar has mild inflammation in his right forearm and will not play any more games in the Dominican League this winter. An MRI showed the mild inflammation, but the club wanted to shut Profar down as a precaution. The 19-year-old will come to Texas this week to be evaluated by team physician Dr. Keith Meister.
Profar had been benched by the Tigers — they try to win down in winter ball — and given that he’s only 19 and just came off his longest season in his life, the rest is certainly what’s best for him.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)