Dec 3, 2012, 9:46 AM EDT
Expect the Rays to talk to everyone given that they are the rare team willing to part with starting pitching. But the latest conversation they’ve had, Ken Rosenthanl reports, is with the Texas Rangers:
On one hand, the Rangers are trying to sign free-agent right-hander Zack Greinke. On the other hand, they’re also discussing trades for other top-of-the-rotation types, sources say, most notably Tampa Bay righty James Shields.
Rosenthal runs down the Rangers’ agenda this winter, which seems to be “upgrade everything,” as he reports that they’re still in the hunt for Justin Upton too. Never mind that the Diamondbacks, whenever Upton is rumored to be going someplace, usually come out and say that it’s not likely he’s being dealt.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)