Dec 4, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Brandon McCarthy has been cleared to resume throwing following September brain surgery and the free agent right-hander has no shortage of suitors.
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the A’s, Red Sox, White Sox, Cubs, Twins, Royals, and Diamondbacks have all expressed interest in McCarthy and the Rangers and Angels are expected to do so at some point.
In other words, expect McCarthy to get a multi-year contract that might push him out of the A’s price range to re-sign.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 5
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 8
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)