Dec 4, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Brandon McCarthy has been cleared to resume throwing following September brain surgery and the free agent right-hander has no shortage of suitors.
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the A’s, Red Sox, White Sox, Cubs, Twins, Royals, and Diamondbacks have all expressed interest in McCarthy and the Rangers and Angels are expected to do so at some point.
In other words, expect McCarthy to get a multi-year contract that might push him out of the A’s price range to re-sign.
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 0
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 6
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)