Dec 4, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Brandon McCarthy has been cleared to resume throwing following September brain surgery and the free agent right-hander has no shortage of suitors.
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the A’s, Red Sox, White Sox, Cubs, Twins, Royals, and Diamondbacks have all expressed interest in McCarthy and the Rangers and Angels are expected to do so at some point.
In other words, expect McCarthy to get a multi-year contract that might push him out of the A’s price range to re-sign.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 42
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)