Dec 4, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Brandon McCarthy has been cleared to resume throwing following September brain surgery and the free agent right-hander has no shortage of suitors.
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the A’s, Red Sox, White Sox, Cubs, Twins, Royals, and Diamondbacks have all expressed interest in McCarthy and the Rangers and Angels are expected to do so at some point.
In other words, expect McCarthy to get a multi-year contract that might push him out of the A’s price range to re-sign.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)