Dec 4, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
“Sometimes these things don’t go as smooth as you would like,” Bochy said, via Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com. “You still don’t forget the contributions he made to the Giants in 2010. I’d love to have a chance to talk to him here real soon. I wish him nothing but the best. Unfortunately, these things happen and they’re a part of the business.”
Bochy said he plans to call Wilson soon, but unless that chat is followed by a sizable offer from the Giants’ front office it seems unlikely to sway the free agent reliever.
Joakim Soria, who’s in a similar situation to Wilson in terms of the timing coming back from a season missed following Tommy John elbow surgery, is getting a two-year, $8 million deal from the Rangers. Wilson was non-tendered by the Giants because they didn’t want to pay him around $7 million on a one-year deal.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 71
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)