Dec 4, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
“Sometimes these things don’t go as smooth as you would like,” Bochy said, via Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com. “You still don’t forget the contributions he made to the Giants in 2010. I’d love to have a chance to talk to him here real soon. I wish him nothing but the best. Unfortunately, these things happen and they’re a part of the business.”
Bochy said he plans to call Wilson soon, but unless that chat is followed by a sizable offer from the Giants’ front office it seems unlikely to sway the free agent reliever.
Joakim Soria, who’s in a similar situation to Wilson in terms of the timing coming back from a season missed following Tommy John elbow surgery, is getting a two-year, $8 million deal from the Rangers. Wilson was non-tendered by the Giants because they didn’t want to pay him around $7 million on a one-year deal.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 80
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11