Dec 4, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
“Sometimes these things don’t go as smooth as you would like,” Bochy said, via Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com. “You still don’t forget the contributions he made to the Giants in 2010. I’d love to have a chance to talk to him here real soon. I wish him nothing but the best. Unfortunately, these things happen and they’re a part of the business.”
Bochy said he plans to call Wilson soon, but unless that chat is followed by a sizable offer from the Giants’ front office it seems unlikely to sway the free agent reliever.
Joakim Soria, who’s in a similar situation to Wilson in terms of the timing coming back from a season missed following Tommy John elbow surgery, is getting a two-year, $8 million deal from the Rangers. Wilson was non-tendered by the Giants because they didn’t want to pay him around $7 million on a one-year deal.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (210)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)