Dec 4, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that there will be a press conference to announce the deal tomorrow at the winter meetings in Nashville.
No word yet on the year-to-year breakdown of the contract, but the two sides agreed to rip up the final year of Wright’s current deal that would have paid him $16 million in 2013. He’s now under team control through 2020, at which point Wright will be 37 years old.
And now the Mets can turn their full attention to either extending R.A. Dickey‘s contract beyond 2013 or trading the Cy Young winner.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (116)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)