Dec 4, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that there will be a press conference to announce the deal tomorrow at the winter meetings in Nashville.
No word yet on the year-to-year breakdown of the contract, but the two sides agreed to rip up the final year of Wright’s current deal that would have paid him $16 million in 2013. He’s now under team control through 2020, at which point Wright will be 37 years old.
And now the Mets can turn their full attention to either extending R.A. Dickey‘s contract beyond 2013 or trading the Cy Young winner.
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 47
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (99)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)