Dec 4, 2012, 2:14 PM EST
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that there will be a press conference to announce the deal tomorrow at the winter meetings in Nashville.
No word yet on the year-to-year breakdown of the contract, but the two sides agreed to rip up the final year of Wright’s current deal that would have paid him $16 million in 2013. He’s now under team control through 2020, at which point Wright will be 37 years old.
And now the Mets can turn their full attention to either extending R.A. Dickey‘s contract beyond 2013 or trading the Cy Young winner.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)