Dec 4, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that there will be a press conference to announce the deal tomorrow at the winter meetings in Nashville.
No word yet on the year-to-year breakdown of the contract, but the two sides agreed to rip up the final year of Wright’s current deal that would have paid him $16 million in 2013. He’s now under team control through 2020, at which point Wright will be 37 years old.
And now the Mets can turn their full attention to either extending R.A. Dickey‘s contract beyond 2013 or trading the Cy Young winner.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)