Dec 4, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that there will be a press conference to announce the deal tomorrow at the winter meetings in Nashville.
No word yet on the year-to-year breakdown of the contract, but the two sides agreed to rip up the final year of Wright’s current deal that would have paid him $16 million in 2013. He’s now under team control through 2020, at which point Wright will be 37 years old.
And now the Mets can turn their full attention to either extending R.A. Dickey‘s contract beyond 2013 or trading the Cy Young winner.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 2
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 61
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)