Dec 4, 2012, 6:21 PM EST
From columnist John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle comes word that the Giants have exercised options for the 2014 season on manager Bruce Bochy and general manager Brian Sabean.
The decision was made easy by 2012′s World Series championship, along with the great success that the franchise has enjoyed over the past several years.
Bochy is 503-469 with two World Series titles since taking over as San Francisco’s skipper before the 2007 season, and Sabean has pulled together the pieces that have made this recent run possible.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)