Dec 4, 2012, 6:21 PM EST
From columnist John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle comes word that the Giants have exercised options for the 2014 season on manager Bruce Bochy and general manager Brian Sabean.
The decision was made easy by 2012’s World Series championship, along with the great success that the franchise has enjoyed over the past several years.
Bochy is 503-469 with two World Series titles since taking over as San Francisco’s skipper before the 2007 season, and Sabean has pulled together the pieces that have made this recent run possible.
- UPDATE: Giants believe Hunter Pence suffered broken left forearm on hit-by-pitch 1
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 7
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 136
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (136)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (88)