Dec 4, 2012, 6:21 PM EDT
From columnist John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle comes word that the Giants have exercised options for the 2014 season on manager Bruce Bochy and general manager Brian Sabean.
The decision was made easy by 2012’s World Series championship, along with the great success that the franchise has enjoyed over the past several years.
Bochy is 503-469 with two World Series titles since taking over as San Francisco’s skipper before the 2007 season, and Sabean has pulled together the pieces that have made this recent run possible.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 15
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 57
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)