Dec 4, 2012, 6:21 PM EDT
From columnist John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle comes word that the Giants have exercised options for the 2014 season on manager Bruce Bochy and general manager Brian Sabean.
The decision was made easy by 2012’s World Series championship, along with the great success that the franchise has enjoyed over the past several years.
Bochy is 503-469 with two World Series titles since taking over as San Francisco’s skipper before the 2007 season, and Sabean has pulled together the pieces that have made this recent run possible.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 24
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)