Dec 4, 2012, 6:21 PM EST
From columnist John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle comes word that the Giants have exercised options for the 2014 season on manager Bruce Bochy and general manager Brian Sabean.
The decision was made easy by 2012’s World Series championship, along with the great success that the franchise has enjoyed over the past several years.
Bochy is 503-469 with two World Series titles since taking over as San Francisco’s skipper before the 2007 season, and Sabean has pulled together the pieces that have made this recent run possible.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)