Having trouble keeping up? Get the NBC SportsTalk App

Dec 4, 2012, 9:17 AM EST

We posted an awful lot of stuff yesterday. But even when it isn’t the Winter Meetings we post a lot of stuff. As do our bloggy brothers at ProFootballTalk, ProBasketballTalk, ProHockeyTalk, CollegeFootballTalk and the other NBC sports blogs. It can be a lot to keep up with.

Know how to best keep up with it?  Get the NBC SportsTalk app for your iPhone, iPad and/or Android device. To get it, go to iTunes or Google Play.  It’s free and it’s spectacular.

Sports Business Journal has named it one of their “top 5 favorite sport apps.”  Gizmodo named it one of the “essential” sports apps. It’s truly the fastest, easiest and most portable way to never lose touch with what’s going down. And it’s got a friendly and easily-navigable interface, like so:

source:

Once you start using it, you’ll never not want to keep up with sports like this. Really.  Go get it today. Like, right now.

1. Chip Caray's Eyebrows - Dec 4, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Obviously it’s not your area, Craig, and I’m sure I’m far from the first person to say this, but count me among the folks who feel the comments section on the mobile app leaves a lot to be desired.

2. escapingexile - Dec 4, 2012 at 9:31 AM

At the ferocious pace you are moving this morning Craig, you seem bound and determined to top yesterday’s 38 HBT posts all by yourself.

• escapingexile - Dec 4, 2012 at 9:33 AM

68…. Does the mobile app have an edit function?

3. Joseph - Dec 4, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I love the app!

4. raysfan1 - Dec 4, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Pity that the mobile app does not enable one to respond directly to other comments like on the full site.

• indaburg - Dec 4, 2012 at 11:35 AM

That’s the main reason I rarely use it. The comments section is too unwieldy. Responses to other comments are also not nested as they appear online, so conversations are difficult to track.

5. chaseutley - Dec 4, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I’m using it right now. In my best Frank the Tank voice….. It’s gloooorious!

6. brianbowman16 - Dec 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I have it for droid and it is absolutely incredible. It is at least 451 times better than the CBSSports app and at least 518 times better than that hunk of shit that Yahoo calls a sports app

• seeinred87 - Dec 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I’ve got to agree with this. I was late to the party with this app, but it’s vastly superior to other similar apps. I especially love to use it on my Xoom.

7. dawgpoundmember - Dec 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM

UP-DATE APP!!! UP-DATE APP!!!! UP-DATE APP!!!! (Frank the Tank)

8. cosanostra71 - Dec 4, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Mobile app is great, except for the comments. Definitely a must have regardless though.

9. acdc363 - Dec 4, 2012 at 10:48 AM

if only I could watch videos on my gs3

10. kenbuddha - Dec 4, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I would like it better if I could configure which sports I wanted to follow. I have little interest in most of the sports (Notre Dame!?) so it wastes my bandwidth. Yes, it isn’t a great deal of bandwidth, but it’s a waste and I’m paying for it. Plus, it’s just a bit longer for an update since it’s updating categories I don’t care about.

Pretty please?

11. cfischeraz - Dec 4, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Great app! When will an Off the Bench section be added?

12. jayscarpa - Dec 4, 2012 at 2:08 PM

It is my go-to app while waiting in line for coffee.

Ditto about the comments, not good.

13. yankeepunk3000 - Dec 4, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I actually just use the app have had it for months already…its pretty good

14. yankeepunk3000 - Dec 4, 2012 at 3:27 PM

actually always used.the app I had it for months…its pretty good

15. randygnyc - Dec 4, 2012 at 3:50 PM

I use the app primarily to visit HBT because I access it with my iPad. There are 2 major negatives that I wish could be fixed. Firstly, there is no way to rate the statements of others. There is no “thumb” option. Secondly, and most importantly, there is no way to reply to a specific comment. All replies through the app are added chronologically. There is an add comment that places the comment at the bottom of the list. This can be annoying. Additionally, it lists everyone’s comments chronologically as we’ll, so you have to be sort of a detective to figure out who is saying what, to whom.

16. birdsnblues - Dec 4, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Greatest app EVER….. EVER!

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. W. Myers (4785)
  2. M. Kemp (3419)
  3. J. Upton (2461)
  4. W. Middlebrooks (2416)
  5. J. Kang (2410)