Dec 4, 2012, 7:43 PM EDT
Free agent infielder Jeff Keppinger is currently recovering from a broken right fibula that he suffered at home last month when he fell down a set of stairs.
But that injury hasn’t diminished his asking price.
According to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, Keppinger is looking for a three-year contract worth close to $12 million. The Yankees have made it known that they a serious level of interest, and the Diamondbacks, Cubs and Rays have been linked.
Keppinger batted .325/.367/.439 with a career-high nine home runs and 40 RBI in 418 plate appearances this past season for Tampa Bay while making appearances at third base, second base, first base and designated hitter. The 32-year-old native of Lilburn, Georgia has played some shortstop in the past.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)