Dec 4, 2012, 7:43 PM EST
Free agent infielder Jeff Keppinger is currently recovering from a broken right fibula that he suffered at home last month when he fell down a set of stairs.
But that injury hasn’t diminished his asking price.
According to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, Keppinger is looking for a three-year contract worth close to $12 million. The Yankees have made it known that they a serious level of interest, and the Diamondbacks, Cubs and Rays have been linked.
Keppinger batted .325/.367/.439 with a career-high nine home runs and 40 RBI in 418 plate appearances this past season for Tampa Bay while making appearances at third base, second base, first base and designated hitter. The 32-year-old native of Lilburn, Georgia has played some shortstop in the past.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 329
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (329)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)