Dec 4, 2012, 12:17 AM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that Hamilton is attending the Winter Meetings in Nashville and met with Mariners officials on Sunday. Other unidentified teams are believed to be in the mix for Hamilton, but Rosenthal reiterates that the Rangers have been the most aggressive with him so far. The Brewers have been mentioned as a possibility because hitting coach Johnny Narron was previously Hamilton’s accountability partner, but they are considered to be on the “periphery” of talks.
Hamilton, 31, batted .285/.354/.577 with 43 home runs, 128 RBI and a .930 OPS in 148 games this past season. He’s the best position player available on pure talent alone, but his age, injury history and past issues with addiction make him one of the most unpredictable and intriguing free agent cases in recent memory.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)