Dec 4, 2012, 10:25 PM EST
According to Scott Miller of CBS Sports, the Mariners are going “hard” after the 24-year-old speedster, who has tallied 56 steals in 143 MLB games. Other teams have likely also been calling.
Gordon isn’t much of a hitter and the M’s already have a light-hitting shortstop in Brendan Ryan, but perhaps a trade would be part of a grander vision.
Gordon won’t be arbitration-eligible until 2015. Ryan, meanwhile, can become a free agent next winter.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 5
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 53
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 58
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 55
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)