Dec 4, 2012, 10:25 PM EDT
According to Scott Miller of CBS Sports, the Mariners are going “hard” after the 24-year-old speedster, who has tallied 56 steals in 143 MLB games. Other teams have likely also been calling.
Gordon isn’t much of a hitter and the M’s already have a light-hitting shortstop in Brendan Ryan, but perhaps a trade would be part of a grander vision.
Gordon won’t be arbitration-eligible until 2015. Ryan, meanwhile, can become a free agent next winter.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 44
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 74
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)