Dec 4, 2012, 10:25 PM EDT
According to Scott Miller of CBS Sports, the Mariners are going “hard” after the 24-year-old speedster, who has tallied 56 steals in 143 MLB games. Other teams have likely also been calling.
Gordon isn’t much of a hitter and the M’s already have a light-hitting shortstop in Brendan Ryan, but perhaps a trade would be part of a grander vision.
Gordon won’t be arbitration-eligible until 2015. Ryan, meanwhile, can become a free agent next winter.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 2
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 1
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)