Dec 4, 2012, 10:25 PM EDT
According to Scott Miller of CBS Sports, the Mariners are going “hard” after the 24-year-old speedster, who has tallied 56 steals in 143 MLB games. Other teams have likely also been calling.
Gordon isn’t much of a hitter and the M’s already have a light-hitting shortstop in Brendan Ryan, but perhaps a trade would be part of a grander vision.
Gordon won’t be arbitration-eligible until 2015. Ryan, meanwhile, can become a free agent next winter.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)