Dec 4, 2012, 10:25 PM EDT
According to Scott Miller of CBS Sports, the Mariners are going “hard” after the 24-year-old speedster, who has tallied 56 steals in 143 MLB games. Other teams have likely also been calling.
Gordon isn’t much of a hitter and the M’s already have a light-hitting shortstop in Brendan Ryan, but perhaps a trade would be part of a grander vision.
Gordon won’t be arbitration-eligible until 2015. Ryan, meanwhile, can become a free agent next winter.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 72
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)