Dec 4, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Pestano has quietly been one of the best relievers in baseball since debuting as a 25-year-old in late 2010, throwing 137 innings with a 2.50 ERA and 168 strikeouts while holding opponents to a .197 batting average.
Pestano turns 28 years old in February, will make the minimum salary in 2013, and is under team control through 2016, so the Indians’ asking price figures to be significant.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)