Dec 4, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Deadspin has a post up right now that is amazing and astounding. I won’t say much about it because it’s really a visual thing, but know that it is a representation of how publicly-funded stadiums have spread across our land over the past couple of decades.
It’s really astounding, in a nation that has decided over the past 30 years that it’s the job of the government to do less and less, that we have allowed the government to become more and more responsible for paying sports facilities.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 0
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 17
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 7
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 6
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (121)