Never fear, Utility Man is here!

Dec 4, 2012, 9:52 AM EDT

Utility Man

No, it’s not Brandon Hicks. It’s Utility Man! Who I just had the pleasure of meeting out on the concourse here in Nashville.

His real name is Ben Youngerman, and he can be hired for your minor league game and — according to his manager, anyway — birthday parties and Bar Mitzvahs. He’s here, along with with many other entertainers, as part of the minor league trade show. He and his brethren — all sons of Max Patkin, really — use the Winter Meetings to sell their services to the owners of your local minor league nine. When you see some of these guys at the ballpark next summer, it’s likely because they made deals here this week.

Gotta say, I like Utility Man. Everyone around here is dragging tail this morning, bu he’s chipper and on point.  This is his website.  See him in action here:

1. darthicarus - Dec 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Dammit, I was hoping Shane Halter was making the rounds.

• dirtydave6986 - Dec 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I was hoping for some Super Joe McEwing

2. tashkalucy - Dec 4, 2012 at 10:05 AM

If you want to see some funny utility guys, look at the ones that Shapiro and Antonetti keep bringing onto the Indians in the draft, trades and via free agent signings. That’s their motto, “you can never have enough utility players.”

• jwbiii - Dec 4, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I was going to say “Brent Lillibridge is available!” but he’s only available because he refused Cleveland outright assignment. Oh well.

3. dirtydave6986 - Dec 4, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I’m guessing this gig lands you a lot of pussy

4. darthicarus - Dec 4, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Has Jeffrey Loria contacted Utility Man’s manager yet?

5. bigleagues - Dec 4, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I’ve seen worse. faaaaaaaaaar worse.

6. larrytsg - Dec 4, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Actually, I HAVE seen him. He was ok, as far as minor league between innings entertainment goes. But it still didn’t stop me from going to get ice cream in the middle of the 5th inning at the Williamsport Crosscutters game.

Pineda ejection wrong message from MLB
  1. I. Davis (3649)