Dec 4, 2012, 9:52 PM EST
FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi tweeted earlier that the Dodgers were looking like the “clear favorite” for Greinke, but Heyman says the Texas front office is showing “signs of determination” in their quest to land the best pitcher on the market this offseason.
Greinke registered a strong 3.48 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 200/54 K/BB ratio in 212 1/3 innings this past summer between the Brewers and Angels.
The 29-year-old right-hander is said to be seeking a seven-year contract worth close to — or perhaps over — $160 million.
As for Hamilton, the market remains slow-developing. The Orioles, Phillies, Red Sox and Mariners have been linked, but at this moment it doesn’t seem like he’s going to find the $175 million deal he was rumored to be looking for. If we had to guess, we’d probably put him back with the Rangers on a five-year contract.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 14
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 28
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)