Dec 4, 2012, 9:52 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi tweeted earlier that the Dodgers were looking like the “clear favorite” for Greinke, but Heyman says the Texas front office is showing “signs of determination” in their quest to land the best pitcher on the market this offseason.
Greinke registered a strong 3.48 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 200/54 K/BB ratio in 212 1/3 innings this past summer between the Brewers and Angels.
The 29-year-old right-hander is said to be seeking a seven-year contract worth close to — or perhaps over — $160 million.
As for Hamilton, the market remains slow-developing. The Orioles, Phillies, Red Sox and Mariners have been linked, but at this moment it doesn’t seem like he’s going to find the $175 million deal he was rumored to be looking for. If we had to guess, we’d probably put him back with the Rangers on a five-year contract.
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 28
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 25
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 84
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)