Dec 4, 2012, 9:52 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi tweeted earlier that the Dodgers were looking like the “clear favorite” for Greinke, but Heyman says the Texas front office is showing “signs of determination” in their quest to land the best pitcher on the market this offseason.
Greinke registered a strong 3.48 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 200/54 K/BB ratio in 212 1/3 innings this past summer between the Brewers and Angels.
The 29-year-old right-hander is said to be seeking a seven-year contract worth close to — or perhaps over — $160 million.
As for Hamilton, the market remains slow-developing. The Orioles, Phillies, Red Sox and Mariners have been linked, but at this moment it doesn’t seem like he’s going to find the $175 million deal he was rumored to be looking for. If we had to guess, we’d probably put him back with the Rangers on a five-year contract.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 9
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 64
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 70
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (147)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)