Dec 4, 2012, 11:07 PM EDT
Ryan Ludwick is apparently staying in Cincinnati.
Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Reds are “getting close on a deal” for the veteran outfielder. It’s likely for two years and a little under $20 million.
Ludwick batted .275/.346/.531 with 26 home runs and 80 RBI in 125 games this past season for the National League Central-champion Reds. The 34-year-old owns a .799 career OPS in the majors.
Ludwick was said to be holding out for a three-year offer but apparently did not receive one.
UPDATE, 11:37 PM: MLB.com’s Mark Sheldon was told that Passan’s report is “not so true.”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (243)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)