Dec 4, 2012, 11:07 PM EDT
Ryan Ludwick is apparently staying in Cincinnati.
Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Reds are “getting close on a deal” for the veteran outfielder. It’s likely for two years and a little under $20 million.
Ludwick batted .275/.346/.531 with 26 home runs and 80 RBI in 125 games this past season for the National League Central-champion Reds. The 34-year-old owns a .799 career OPS in the majors.
Ludwick was said to be holding out for a three-year offer but apparently did not receive one.
UPDATE, 11:37 PM: MLB.com’s Mark Sheldon was told that Passan’s report is “not so true.”
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)