Dec 4, 2012, 2:03 PM EDT
I don’t think this is one we’d even bother with if it didn’t happen during the week of the Winter Meetings, but hey, a signing is a signing: Ken Rosenthal reports the Diamondbacks have signed Eric Hinske to a one-year deal.
Hinske used to dictate which team won the AL pennant, having played for the Red Sox, Rays and Yankees in 2007, 2008 and 2009, respectively. That changed as he has spent the past three years on the Braves’ bench, having a fine year in 2010, an OK year in 2011 and cratering last year.
So, if the Dbacks want him for his bat, he had better turn things around. If they want him for his AL pennant-winning powers, well, then they have bigger problems because, dudes, Arizona is not in the AL.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 27
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 48
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 68
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)