Dec 4, 2012, 2:03 PM EDT
I don’t think this is one we’d even bother with if it didn’t happen during the week of the Winter Meetings, but hey, a signing is a signing: Ken Rosenthal reports the Diamondbacks have signed Eric Hinske to a one-year deal.
Hinske used to dictate which team won the AL pennant, having played for the Red Sox, Rays and Yankees in 2007, 2008 and 2009, respectively. That changed as he has spent the past three years on the Braves’ bench, having a fine year in 2010, an OK year in 2011 and cratering last year.
So, if the Dbacks want him for his bat, he had better turn things around. If they want him for his AL pennant-winning powers, well, then they have bigger problems because, dudes, Arizona is not in the AL.
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 38
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 23
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)