Dec 4, 2012, 2:03 PM EDT
I don’t think this is one we’d even bother with if it didn’t happen during the week of the Winter Meetings, but hey, a signing is a signing: Ken Rosenthal reports the Diamondbacks have signed Eric Hinske to a one-year deal.
Hinske used to dictate which team won the AL pennant, having played for the Red Sox, Rays and Yankees in 2007, 2008 and 2009, respectively. That changed as he has spent the past three years on the Braves’ bench, having a fine year in 2010, an OK year in 2011 and cratering last year.
So, if the Dbacks want him for his bat, he had better turn things around. If they want him for his AL pennant-winning powers, well, then they have bigger problems because, dudes, Arizona is not in the AL.
- Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 10
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 11
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)