Dec 4, 2012, 2:03 PM EDT
I don’t think this is one we’d even bother with if it didn’t happen during the week of the Winter Meetings, but hey, a signing is a signing: Ken Rosenthal reports the Diamondbacks have signed Eric Hinske to a one-year deal.
Hinske used to dictate which team won the AL pennant, having played for the Red Sox, Rays and Yankees in 2007, 2008 and 2009, respectively. That changed as he has spent the past three years on the Braves’ bench, having a fine year in 2010, an OK year in 2011 and cratering last year.
So, if the Dbacks want him for his bat, he had better turn things around. If they want him for his AL pennant-winning powers, well, then they have bigger problems because, dudes, Arizona is not in the AL.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 161
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (162)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)