Dec 5, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Barajas is 37 years old and very stretched as a regular both offensively and defensively, but playing a couple times per week against mostly left-handed pitching would be a good role for him.
Sanchez notes that Wil Nieves is still an option for Arizona if they can’t work something out with Barajas, who hit .206 with 11 homers and a .625 OPS in 104 games for the Pirates this year.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)