Dec 5, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Phillies and Diamondbacks are discussing Justin Upton for Cliff Lee. Money coming to AZ would also be involved.
— Pedro Gomez (@pedrogomezESPN) December 4, 2012
It was almost immediately shot down by Ruben Amaro. Later in the evening, Gomez explained the basis of his report:
— Pedro Gomez (@pedrogomezESPN) December 5, 2012
If “it was discussed internally on one side” is what constitutes a trade rumor these days, the field of trade rumor reporting is about to get a lot more difficult. Certainly busier.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)