Dec 5, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
I ran into a cool guy selling cool things yesterday. The guy: Sean Kane, an artist from Ontario, who takes vintage baseball gloves and paints the most wonderful things on them. He had a couple of models with him, but my favorite was the Jackie Robinson number he had with him:
He does these in acrylics, and it takes him a good while. So, not surprisingly, they’re not cheap — we’re talking over a thousand bucks for some of them. But they are certainly unique, cool and smart too. For example, he painted Ernie Banks on an old-style two-fingered glove for “let’s play two.” Kinda dig that. Go check out Sean’s wares and his FAQ if this sort of thing jazzes you.
The Winter Meetings: everyone comes here for the trades and the signings, but there are cool things like this around every corner.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)