Dec 5, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
Third basemen are a rare commodity on the free agent market. At least any with some upside to them. Kevin Youkilis is one of those guys with some upside, and it seems like teams are recognizing it, as Alex Speier reports that he has offers from “multiple teams.”
The Yankees are a team with a need at third, but Speier says that they’re not likely a serious player for Youk. Too bad, because it would be awesome seeing Yankees fans who have loathed Youkilis for years having to talk to themselves into actually sorta kinda maybe liking him.
Other possibilities include the Phillies. The Indians too, though he’d likely be used as a first baseman there. There’s also a very real possibility of him staying with the White Sox.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)