Dec 5, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
Third basemen are a rare commodity on the free agent market. At least any with some upside to them. Kevin Youkilis is one of those guys with some upside, and it seems like teams are recognizing it, as Alex Speier reports that he has offers from “multiple teams.”
The Yankees are a team with a need at third, but Speier says that they’re not likely a serious player for Youk. Too bad, because it would be awesome seeing Yankees fans who have loathed Youkilis for years having to talk to themselves into actually sorta kinda maybe liking him.
Other possibilities include the Phillies. The Indians too, though he’d likely be used as a first baseman there. There’s also a very real possibility of him staying with the White Sox.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)