Dec 5, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
Third basemen are a rare commodity on the free agent market. At least any with some upside to them. Kevin Youkilis is one of those guys with some upside, and it seems like teams are recognizing it, as Alex Speier reports that he has offers from “multiple teams.”
The Yankees are a team with a need at third, but Speier says that they’re not likely a serious player for Youk. Too bad, because it would be awesome seeing Yankees fans who have loathed Youkilis for years having to talk to themselves into actually sorta kinda maybe liking him.
Other possibilities include the Phillies. The Indians too, though he’d likely be used as a first baseman there. There’s also a very real possibility of him staying with the White Sox.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27