Dec 5, 2012, 4:40 PM EDT
Having already seen Russell Martin and Eric Chavez sign elsewhere, the Yankees could next lose Raul Ibanez to a more interested suitor. FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal reports that the Mariners, Phillies and Rangers are interested in the 40-year-old.
According to the New York Post’s Joel Sherman, Ibanez would prefer to remain with the Yankees, but he’s growing a bit antsy since they’ve been slow to move. Ibanez already intends to retire to Seattle, so rejoining the Mariners might be attractive to him.
If Ibanez returned to Seattle, it’d be his third stint with the team. He also played for the Phillies from 2009-11. Ibanez hit .240/.308/.453 with 19 homers and 62 RBI in 384 at-bats for the Yankees last season. He also contributed three memorable homers in the postseason.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 10
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)