Dec 5, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
Pretty steamy headline up there, is it not?
According to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN, the 28-year-old has been “getting a lot of play” from American League East teams over the past couple of days.
Schierholtz batted .257/.321/.407 with six homers and 21 RBI across 269 plate appearances this past season between San Francisco and Philadelphia. In 2011, he hit nine homers and tallied 41 RBI in 362 plate appearances for the Giants.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 23
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 82
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (84)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)