Dec 5, 2012, 6:20 PM EST
Pretty steamy headline up there, is it not?
According to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN, the 28-year-old has been “getting a lot of play” from American League East teams over the past couple of days.
Schierholtz batted .257/.321/.407 with six homers and 21 RBI across 269 plate appearances this past season between San Francisco and Philadelphia. In 2011, he hit nine homers and tallied 41 RBI in 362 plate appearances for the Giants.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)