Dec 5, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
Pretty steamy headline up there, is it not?
According to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN, the 28-year-old has been “getting a lot of play” from American League East teams over the past couple of days.
Schierholtz batted .257/.321/.407 with six homers and 21 RBI across 269 plate appearances this past season between San Francisco and Philadelphia. In 2011, he hit nine homers and tallied 41 RBI in 362 plate appearances for the Giants.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 10
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 68
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 25
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 30
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (106)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)