Dec 5, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
Pretty steamy headline up there, is it not?
According to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN, the 28-year-old has been “getting a lot of play” from American League East teams over the past couple of days.
Schierholtz batted .257/.321/.407 with six homers and 21 RBI across 269 plate appearances this past season between San Francisco and Philadelphia. In 2011, he hit nine homers and tallied 41 RBI in 362 plate appearances for the Giants.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)