Dec 5, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
Pretty steamy headline up there, is it not?
According to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN, the 28-year-old has been “getting a lot of play” from American League East teams over the past couple of days.
Schierholtz batted .257/.321/.407 with six homers and 21 RBI across 269 plate appearances this past season between San Francisco and Philadelphia. In 2011, he hit nine homers and tallied 41 RBI in 362 plate appearances for the Giants.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 59
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 28
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (105)