Dec 5, 2012, 7:25 PM EST
Adam LaRoche slugged 33 home runs and tallied 100 RBI in 154 games this summer for the Nationals while also earning Gold Glove honors at first base.
But he hasn’t found much of a market this offseason. Which has the Washington front office feeling good.
FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi reports that the Nationals “remain confident they will get” the 33-year-old slugger to re-sign with them. The Rangers were linked at one point to LaRoche but are no longer in the running. And the Orioles’ interest is said to be “minimal at best.”
Perhaps the Mariners will emerge as a more serious suitor if they’re unable to lure in Josh Hamilton or some other big-ticket hitter. They could also wait for LaRoche to re-sign and then try to trade for Michael Morse.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)