Dec 5, 2012, 7:25 PM EDT
Adam LaRoche slugged 33 home runs and tallied 100 RBI in 154 games this summer for the Nationals while also earning Gold Glove honors at first base.
But he hasn’t found much of a market this offseason. Which has the Washington front office feeling good.
FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi reports that the Nationals “remain confident they will get” the 33-year-old slugger to re-sign with them. The Rangers were linked at one point to LaRoche but are no longer in the running. And the Orioles’ interest is said to be “minimal at best.”
Perhaps the Mariners will emerge as a more serious suitor if they’re unable to lure in Josh Hamilton or some other big-ticket hitter. They could also wait for LaRoche to re-sign and then try to trade for Michael Morse.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 25
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)