Dec 5, 2012, 1:45 PM EST
Nate McLouth resurrected his career after joining the Orioles in June, hitting .268 with a .777 OPS in 55 games following years of terrible production and the 31-year-old outfielder has decided to stay in Baltimore.
Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com reports that McLouth has agreed to a one-year deal with the Orioles, who were said to be talking to Nick Swisher as a potential outfield replacement. Of course, giving McLouth a one-year deal doesn’t preclude the Orioles from trying to upgrade the lineup or at least bringing in some more depth in case he resumes being the guy who hit terribly in 2010, 2011, and the first half of 2012.
For now McLouth is slated to be the Orioles’ starting left fielder.
UPDATE: According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com the one-year deal is worth $2 million, plus $500,000 in potential incentives.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 108
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (109)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)