Dec 5, 2012, 10:20 PM EDT
The deal includes an invitation to spring training, where Jackson will be given a chance to compete for a spot on Baltimore’s Opening Day 25-man roster.
Jackson batted .277/.363/.434 with nine home runs and 41 RBI in 88 games this past season for Triple-A Charlotte — an affiliate of the Chicago White Sox.
The 30-year-old former first-round pick is a .271/.351/.407 career hitter in the major leagues.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 76
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)